Part of NAVCA's role is to support skills and knowledge development in local support and development organisations. NAVCA offers a number of learning opportunities, including traditional training days, networking events, support for action learning sets, as well as policy events where LIOs can gain the knowledge they need to fulfil their role effectively.
- SKiLD (Skills and Knowledge for Local Development) - a learning programme for development workers based in local suport and development organisations across England.
- Empowering the voluntary sector - NAVCA and the Public Law Project are working together to run learning events on the use of public law.
- Induction training for new Chief Officers of NAVCA members - a day-long course for those new to the network.
- Chief Officers' Residential Event - a two-day event for chief officers of NAVCA members to network and share experiences and ideas.
- NAVCA annual conference - a variety of workshops and plenary sessions on a wide range of topics.
- Individual events focus on a variety of policy issues.
- Email networks enable staff in local support and development organisations to share knowledge and expertise around a variety of interest areas.
If you enter your email address, we will notify you when we change this page.Give feedback