Policy, Research and Analysis
NAVCA is the national voice of local support and development organisations throughout England.
Our members offer a unique perspective on the relationship between local public bodies, in particular local authorities, and local charities and community groups. They help us root our policy work in the real experiences of voluntary and community organisations.
We aim to:
- Influence public policy on behalf of our members and the local voluntary and community sector.
- Offer a real insight into the practical implications of policy and its local application through the direct experience of our members and the organisations they support.
- Inform our members of the implications of public policy for local voluntary organisations and community groups.
- Help our members increase the involvement of local voluntary organisation and community groups in the design and delivery of public services.
We campaign in support of local voluntary and community action:
- We are campaigning to make sure the Localism Bill creates Real Power for Communities.
- The Local Grants Forum campaigns to preserve grants as a form of support for local voluntary action.
- In 2010, NAVCA produced Strong Independent Roots, a short campaigning document accompanied by three longer documents.
Explore this section:
- Delivering Public Services
- Funding, grants and commissioning
- Voice and Influence
- Working with communities
- NAVCA policy positions
If you enter your email address, we will notify you when we change this page.Give feedback