Demonstrating value of the sector
Research and reports demonstrating the value and contribution of the voluntary and community sector and how it is fairing.
- GAVCA state of the sector (2014)
- Colchester's Voluntary and Community Sector (June 2013)
- Greater Manchester: State of the voluntary sector 2013 (May 2013) A detailed study of the sector across Greater Manchester conducted by Sheffield Hallam University for GMCVO.
- CVS South Gloucestershire - Report of the Annual survey 2012 (April 2013)
- Mapping the needs of community and voluntary groups in Cambridgeshire (March 2013)
- Voluntary & Community Action Wirral - Response to the annual survey 2012/13 (2013)
- Economic Impact of the Third Sector in Southend on Sea (Nov 2011). This report is a good example of what members with limited research resources can produce. It was based on a members’ survey with 8 questions.
- State of the third sector 2011/12 - Birmingham Third Sector mapping survey (November 2012) BVSC
- Valuing the Voluntary Sector: The economic impact of voluntary and community organisations in East Sussex (July 2011). An excellent report showing the economic impact of voluntary and community organisations in East Sussex
- Involve Yorkshire: Third Sector Trends Survey (Jan 2011)
- The economic impact of the voluntary sector in Braintree (November 2010). Independent research commissioned by the local Third Sector Partnership to increase knowledge of the economic value of the sector.
- 227 million reasons to celebrate the third sector in Nottingham (July 2010). This is an eye catching report that shows the value of the local sector using graphics.
- South London Voluntary Sector This is a website rather than a report but provides information on the size and income of the sector.
- The State of the Sector: A report on voluntary and community activity in Wandsworth 2010. Wandsworth Voluntary Sector Development Agency